Selling electricty

Home Join the Discussion Concerns for Citizens Selling electricty

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

North Camp
    Participant

I understand Facebook is buying the electricity produced by the Clay County wind farm , would it not be more practical to build a wind farm near
    DFW since all the power goes there anyway ?
    You have several counties closer than Clay County , it looks like it would save money.
    Wonder why none of the counties down there don’t want it ?
    Is Clay County in such bad shape we have to have these things ?

Anonymous

I would agree, especially if there is wind enough for them down there. I heard this morning that there is a possibility that the turbines will be governed to operate at 35% capacity. That might be a lot less of a paycheck for some leases than the property owners would be counting on.

I hope that the property owners in the area that are for the wind farms would attend meetings from those that have a less than desirable outcome from the wind farm companies in the past, having already dealt with them.

After reading the lease, I’m not sure why anyone would want to give up so much of their rights to those on the other side of the table. If those on the other side of the table are deemed to be very successful, then they are successful at coming out on top with whomever they negotiate with. Whatever they are offering, it’s not enough for fifty years. They count on the payees being short sighted.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!